BHS seeks to reach three goals through its prevention services: to increase the number of people who abstain from the use of alcohol and other drugs, to delay, and to decrease the number of people who are high-risk users of other drugs.
BHSPC Prevention Coalitions
1. AET (Alcohol Enforcement Team-13th Circuit)
2. Enforcing Underage Drinking Laws (EUDL) Coalition
3. Clemson Community Coalition (CCC)
4. DFC Statewide Coalition
• Palmetto Retailers Education Program (PREP): A merchant education class used in an effort to better inform alcohol and tobacco retailers about the laws regarding underage sales and the potential consequences of selling alcohol and tobacco to minors. (held at BHSPC and local advertised community facility)
• Alcohol Education Program (AEP):
An 8-hour evidence based educational program that will increase awareness of underage drinking and provide knowledge on the negative effects of alcohol abuse and how individual choices can impact their lives and the lives of others
*Also available in a shortened format for high school students*
• At Youth: Adolescent substance Use/Abuse Program Project Alert.
• Tobacco Education Program (TEP): A one-time, three-hour class for underage youth that have violated tobacco law.
Click here for a downloadable version of our Prevention Education Classes
Click here to download a referral form for Prevention Education Classes
Prescription Drug Permanent Dropbox Locations
Take unwanted or expired prescription drugs to one of the following locations at any time:
City of Clemson Police Department
1198 Tiger Blvd.
Clemson, SC 29631
Liberty Police Department
147b Kay Holcombe Rd.
Liberty, SC 29657
Easley Police Department
220 NW Main St.
Easley, SC 29640
AnMed Health Cannon
123 WG Acker Dr.
Pickens, SC 29671
*Pickens County Sheriff's Office will always accept unwanted or expired prescription medications to be properly disposed of.